Central Mason Fire & EMS, is the largest and busiest fire department in Mason County, Washington. Legally known as Mason County Fire Protection District #5, our organization was established in 1953 as a small volunteer fire department. Today, our fire district covers 157 square miles and serves the communities of Allyn, Victor, Mason Lake, Pickering, Harstine Island, Bayshore, Agate, Spencer Lake, Phillips Lake, Deer Creek, Timberlakes, Lake Limerick, and John's Prairie. In an effort to better reflect the diverse community we serve, Mason County Fire Protection District #5 began doing business as Central Mason Fire & EMS in 2011.
In 2008, we entered into an inter-local agreement to provide services to the City of Shelton. Additionally, we provide primary Advanced Life Support services to Mason County Fire District #3 in Grapeview. Intotal, we provide fire and emergency medical services to over 25,000 Mason County residents and respond to over 5,100 emergency calls annually.
We are a combination fire department, consisting of both career and volunteer firefighters. Our career staff includes: one fire chief, one deputy chief/ fire marshal, nine lieutenants, 11 firefighter/ paramedics, six firefighter/ EMT's, one firefighter/ mechanic, and two administrative support staff members. Our volunteer staff includes: one battalion chief, one lieutenant, six reserve firefighters, and 30 volunteer firefighters.
Central Mason Fire & EMS operates 11 strategically located fire stations throughout the fire district. Three of these stations are staffed 24 hours a day by our career firefighters. They are, Station 51 in Allyn, Station 54 in Lake Limerick, and Station 58 in Shelton. When possible, Station 57 on Pickering Road is staffed by reserve and/ or volunteer firefighters. Our dedicated group of community based volunteer firefighters deploy from the remaining stations.
e are proud of our accomplishments and for the people that work hard to make this organization successful. Most importantly, we are proud of the communities and people we serve.
Central Mason Fire & EMS is committed to the preservation of life, health, property, and the environment through extensive training, community outreach, and a dedication to excellence.
Level of Service Statement
- Be a proactive leader in fire fighting with well-trained personnel, with a program of aggressive firefighting, fire prevention and public education
- Be a leader in Mason County in EMS innovation committed to professional development of its members
- Provide Advanced Life Support, Basic Life Support, Ambulance Transport and Rescue Services to the citizens
- Foster a safe working environment
- Be an organization recognized for its caring and high quality service
- Be an organization held in high esteem and enthusiastically supported by the community
- Be the leading resource for a safer community
- Be a team who provide efficient and effective response, prevention, public education, and communication services and whose members are effective, empowered, and enthusiastic
Central Mason Fire & EMS will be a community focused, value centered, progressive & credible fire protection & EMS service. This will be achieved through fiscal responsibility, community outreach & involvement, enhanced partnerships & embracing technology.
Admin Station LOCATION
122 W Franklin Street
Shelton, WA 98584
(360) 426 5533
Mon - Fri 8 am - 4 pm